Want to step up your towel game and invest in luxury towels? Below are a few tips to help you choose the ideal towel to suit your requirements.
Luxury Towels Buying Guide: 7 Pointers to Help You Out When Buying
- Check the Weight
The ideal luxury bath towels are those that absorb water but at the same time, feel as if you don’t have anything on. We measure towel weight in grams per square meter (GSM).
- Lightweight (350 gsm and below) — While these towels feel light when wrapped around you, they don’t absorb water well.
- Moderate weight (400-600 gsm) — Many luxury towels fall around this range. They’re nearly as absorbent as heavyweight towels but mild enough to be comfy.
- Heavyweight (650-900 gsm)– These provide great absorbency, but at the price of its overall weight and drying time.
If the seller doesn’t disclose the towel’s GSM worth, use a GSM calculator to compute it based on the towel weight and measurements. You may also need to test it out in person, too, so you can accurately gauge the towel you are eyeing.
- Mind the Fabric
While there are lots of types of fabrics outside like bamboo, polyester, and flannel, cotton is still king as far as the striking that balance between absorbency and softness is concerned. However, not all types of cotton look and feel the same, and there are still a few things you will need to consider. Micro cotton towels are one of the great options as per fabric choice.
Here are some cotton varieties you can find in the very best luxury towels:
- Egyptian: You can see Egyptian cotton towels from their long, silky fibers. What you buy are tender and fluffy towels you can use for a very long time.
- Turkish: Turkish cotton has fibers with its feature loops. This allows them to consume more water. The high-quality Turkish cotton towels get better with every succeeding wash.
- Supima: If you like high absorbency, Supima cotton should be your go-to. These create towels that are both soft and powerful.
- Xinjiang: These are your best bet if you want supreme softness. Stars and other powerful figures traveling all of the way to Japan only to get their hands with this cotton.
- Modal: Because they’re blended with synthetic fiber, modal towels do not cost as much as other cotton types within this listing. They resist shrinking and are good at maintaining odor at bay.
- Pick the Right Towel Size for Its Purpose
With many sizes to choose from, picking which to get depends on what you’ll use your luxury towel for.
The softest, finest quality ones are generally used as bath towels. They can vary from 27″x54″ to 35″x60″ and are usually Utilized in small bathrooms such as the guests’ and children’ bathroom
Bath sheets are ideal for the master bath or as a pool/beach towel also for bigger people. They’re made for complete cover-ups following a long lounge in the bathtub or a dip at the shore, with sizes ranging from 35″x60,” 35″x65,” and 40″x70.”
For your smallest bathrooms, invest in some finger towels. You can fold them in a variety of ways to add some flair.
Hand towels are at 16”x29” and 16”x 30” and make a great addition to any bathroom. Like finger towels, hand towels may also double as a toilet accessory.
Washcloths are small (usually around 13″x13″) and are ideal for scrubbing.
Don’t purchase more towels than you want. As a guideline, buy two of every towel size per household member.
- Check the Loops (Among Other Things)
Many towels look and texture very similar to each other. How can you tell the difference between the skillet and a luxury towel?
Examine the towel loops. The denser and longer the loops are, the more water the towel can absorb.
Look for towels with 1000 loops or much more if you want a luxury towel that may soak in lots of water. Other things to think about to check a towel’s craftsmanship are reinforced edges and loops for easy hanging.
- Ask Yourself if You Require Other Features
Some luxury bath towels possess some nice-to-have features to make the experience even better. Here are some of them:
- If they’re made from special materials that went through special processes to decrease weight and drying time such as Aerocotton, Hydrocotton, etc.
- Self-cleaning properties which can detect if bacteria are present
- Extra pockets for your gadgets you always keep within reach
- Trackers that take notice of how you use your towel and discover when it’s time for them to be washed.
- Decorative designs like custom embroidery that create your towels stick out from the remainder
- Discover How to Correctly Look after Your Luxury Towels
The best towels won’t look and feel their finest if not properly cared for. Here are some ways to take care of your towels so they can stand the test of time:
- Read the care labels carefully before cleaning.
- Avoid using fabric conditioners on your towels.
- Group your towels by color and do not wash white towels along with colored ones.
- Use only a small number of mild soap when washing them.
- Avoid putting bleach in your towels, even on white ones. The bleach can weaken the fibers and make them less absorbent.
- Hang your towels onto a pole rather than a hook to make it dry faster.
- Brush On Your Towel Speak
Purchasing luxury towels online does not allow you to go in and create a close review of the towels on offer. Here are some conditions you will encounter on online luxury towel listings and what they imply:
- Ring-spun cotton: Has tightly-twisted towel loops which make them stronger
- Combed cotton: Cotton that is brushed for maximum softness
- Terry cotton: This is a form of cotton known because of its long loops, which are related to high absorbency.
- Twist: Describes the way the yarn is twisted. Low-twist towels result in a plusher towel, whereas high-twist towels are more durable.
At the end of the day, what matters when shopping for the ideal luxury towel are your preferences. Pick any color you need and any finish you prefer as long as it is something that you’d want to use frequently.
It also helps to know you are buying from a reputable seller that only offers premium quality.
Monarch Cypress is an industry leading amenity manufacturer and supplier. We service Hotels, Spas, Inns, B&Bs, and Hospitals.